Sunday, April 22, 2012

Git-R-Done

As I was sitting at the Jimmy Buffett concert last night and he played my favorite song, "Son of a Son of a Sailor,"  it struck me that I have not accomplished as much this year as I had hoped to complete and it is high time to revisit my Living Life List for 2012.

I have done a few things so far this year and they are in no particular order:
  • Paid down my car down by $1,000.
  • Paid down short term debt by $817.89
  • Increased my investment portfolio by $1,314.13
  • Volunteered to help a friend with the KC Relay for Life in June 2012.
  • Taking girls to Canada in July with grandparents for vacation.
  • Found a new hair gal here in Bonner at Bangz Salon.
  • Purchased tickets to take girls to T-Bones Game
  • Signed up to help with the 48 Hour Film Project here in KC which will take place in August.
  • Lost a total of 10 pounds

Goals for April/May:
  • Register for a 5K race.
  • Attend T-Bones game
  • Plant front flower bed
  • Plant hanging deck baskets
  • Increase my KC Blue getting healthy/gift card by $20.
  • Bring my lunch to work every day.
  • Find a part-time job to help with debt reduction.
  • Work out consistently 4 times per week starting today.
  • Blog more.

As I watched Jimmy perform all my favorite songs, I realized that here was a man living his dream and doing what he loves....dressed in my favorite attire consisting of t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops.

What am I going to do today to make MY dreams a reality? 

What are you going to do to make YOUR dreams a reality?


Here's to getting off the comfort couch and living life ~ Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I am really stressed out and depressed at the thought that I might have messed up something at my job. My job is a very high pressure environment, and the decisions I make impact people's lives greatly. What does this say about me? When a person is a loser they can't see it in themselves. It's hard to have perspective on your own faults sometimes. At least it is for me. 

    It seems like sometimes I'm so lazy and inconsiderate. So many people rely on me emotionally and financially. I have a lot of pressure to keep my job and stay stable. 

    I think I need to learn to keep persevering. But just to tell myself to keep going is wrong too. I feel like I am just coasting sometimes. I must make a promise to myself to be stronger and responsible. I need to move forward, learn from the mistakes but also move on and take care of things in the present moment. 

    ReplyDelete