Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Father of Gretchen's Baby is...

It just so happens that I have read three novels this summer and they have been thought provoking stories filled with suspense, love, and bring me back to the question that continues to haunt my thoughts.... 

Am I living up to my potential?

Now, for those of you who really know me, I do read a lot, but the books are usually non-fiction and have something to do with my work, my hobbies, or how to improve my life.  So reading a novel is a big step for me and so far I am thoroughly enjoying the books I have chosen.  Ten books by the end of summer is my goal and I am on book number four.  So I am off to a great start.

I have not blogged in forever, so I thought I might begin again with my updated Living Life List to see if I am making any progress on getting out of my comfort zone and trying new things.  So below are some of the things that I have accomplished this summer, and I am also including a list of what I anticipate doing before I head back to school in just six week.

Oh, and just in case you are wondering, Gretchen is a character from my last book and it turns out that her attorney was the father of her baby. Hmmm, who would have guessed......anyway, it was a great read by Barbara Delinsky, my new favorite author.


Accomplished this summer:
  • Went to see Nickelback in concert with good friends (it rocked)
  • Saw concert at The Crossroads in KC (Greene, Weir, and Robinson Acoustic Trio) with my friend Shawn.  Awesome show!
  • Toured the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art
  • Toured the Steamship Arabia Museum
  • Toured Moon Marble and learned how marbles are made
  • Countless days spent at the pool having fun with girls
  • Went to a TBones game with seats right behind Tbones dugout
  • Spent the day at the Kansas City Zoo
  • Toured the Money Museum at The Federal Reserve
  • Vacation to Charlottesville, VA
  • Purchased a laptop and new phone (bye bye Blackberry)
  • Paid off credit card and Kohl's card
  • Paid car down to $900
  • Joined a team that will be making a short film for the KC 48 Film Project in August
  • Scheduled tattoo work to be finished on September 13th
  • Obtained a part-time job working out of the house
  • Read three novels
  • Mani/pedis with girls
  • Adopted the sweetest dog from Heartland SPCA
  • Looking into buying a local business that I could run while still teaching

On List to Accomplish by August 6th:
  • Worlds of Fun with girls
  • Tour the Toy Museum
  • See the Titanic Exhibit at Union Station
  • See show at the Planetarium at Union Station
  • Tour the Aquarium and Legoland at Crown Center
  • Tour the Shawnee Mission Indian School/Museum
  • Spend night at the Great Wolf Lodge or CoCo Key with girls
  • Royals game/tour with kids
  • Deanna Rose Farm
  • Pay off car
  • Powerwash and stain deck (hire out)
  • Quote on new countertop/backsplash (work done this fall)
  • Quote on tiling three bathrooms and kitchen floor (work done this winter)
  • Attend a cooking class at The Culinary Center in Kansas City
  • Schedule vogue photo Shoot with Bliss Photography
  • Purchase patio furniture
  • Purchase storm door for front entry
  • Vacation to Minnesota and Winnipeg with girls
  • Schedule Labor Day weekend trip (destination unknown) with girls
  • Get back into yoga on Sundays
  • Transition into a more vegan/whole foods lifestyle
  • Photo booth session with girls
  • Start planning/saving for a Christmas trip someplace tropical
  • Schedule Vegas trip for October
  • Increase monthly investments by $100.00
  • Open a Roth IRA
  • Begin planning international trip for next summer with girls
  • Paint inside of garage and put up shelves
  • Purchase loveseat to match couch
  • Purchase new bedroom set

I would love to hear how YOU are coming along with your goals and plans

Here’s to getting off the comfort couch and living life ~ Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment