Saturday, June 30, 2012

God, you have my attention....I am listening

The older I get the more I realize how much I need God in my life.  What I have also come to realize is that I need to be still and listen more.  I do a lot of talking, not enough listening, and tend to ignore signs even though they are so obvious that it is a tad bit embarrasing.  I am soooooo good at giving advice and what I need to do is take my advice once in awhile...

Any other people in the same boat??????

Anyway, I am not going to bore you with the details of my latest blunder, I am just going to recap what I gleemed from my latest adventure, one that I  am still living as I prepare to bunker down in the Richmond Airport  for the night.  Well that is if they don't kick me out before my 7am flight tomorrow.  God I hope not, I have spent enough money on two hotel reservations, both of which I did not use.....that is a whole other story for another day.

Okay my "aha"moment for the week is that when your actions don't match your values, things are going to turn out poorly.  You are probably thinking, "well duh, tell me something I don't already know."  I know, I know, I guess I thought I was exempt from the fallout of my poor decision making. 

Well wake up little miss sunshine (aka  me), and get with the program.  God was speaking to you and you chose not to listen. 

So now that I have learned my lesson the expensive and emotionally draining way, I am going to listem more, pray more, and quit talking so much.

Anyway, signing off from the not so comfortable chair at the airport!




No comments:

Post a Comment